In essence, estate planning is a way to care for your loved ones when you’re not there to provide for them in person.
Brett Langill can help you identify and achieve your estate planning objectives so that you can pass on your assets in a way that is aligned with your values and dreams.
Estate planning establishes security for loved ones and provides long-term care for someone with special needs. It also ensures your legacy is directed properly to inheritors and other beneficiaries, such as charities.
Proper estate planning makes a difficult situation easier for your loved ones. As well, a solid estate plan:
- Provides for your family if you die or become disabled
- Streamlines the executor’s job minimizing settlement delays
- Reduces taxes and probate fees to maximize the amount beneficiaries receive
- Designates a person to make medical decisions for you if you cannot
Estate Planning Checklist
Do you have:
- An up-to-date will, power of attorney and living will?
- A chosen executor for your estate?
- A guardian for minor children?
- A plan for special needs children?
- Healthcare directives?
- A list of your assets and where they are located?